Sunday, December 6, 2009

Do High School Friendships Last Forever?

Growing up and going through high school, the more and more wise adults I come across the more and more of them tell me how my high school friendships won't last forever and that college friends are your friends for life. Now when I was in middle school all of these same adults told me the same advice about my friendships not lasting. Then before that when I was in grammar school they told me that too! Since I was in 5th grade I've had the same core of about 5 friends and seem to be continuing to prove all that advice wrong till this day. In my opinion, the length that a friendship lasts depends on the different group of people involved. Although, of course it is evident that in college almost everyone will form a new group of friends, I believe that i'll probably never find another group quite like this one. Proving this theory wrong is my father for a perfect example. My dad is 53 and he has been best friends with his best friend since he was 3 years old! They even work together today! Sometimes you need to experience things for yourself and not just believe all the advice that people tell you.

1 comment:

  1. i think that your right. it is true that most friendships from college are the real friend ships that will last a life time, however your group of high school friends are definitely unique;) but like you said, your dad is bestfriends with someone he met when he was 3 and they now work together, so it is not necessarily true that your only good friendships come from your college life.

    ReplyDelete