Sunday, December 20, 2009

Forts, Fun and Being a Kid Again

On Friday night after I got out of work at 9, there was nothing really going on. My guy friends just invited my girl friends and I to come over and just hang out. Right when we walked in and made our way around to say our "hello's" we walked to the back of his basement. In my friends basement he has a backroom with a mini rubber soccer field and that's where I found all my friends standing in a circle playing some made up game with a soccer ball. This instantly brought a smile to my face knowing we all still had some little kid left in us. After taking a break of playing this game, someone brought up the idea of DODGEBALL! We instantly divided into teams and grabbed anything we could to make forts. We used chairs, tables, boxes, poster boards, and even a dry eraser board as protection. Playing games like this was very different from anything we usually do but even that was so much fun. At the end of the night we all were very happy that we took a lame night and made it into something much more.

1 comment:

  1. This was such a fun night! We all forgot about how nothing was going on and turned a boring night into tons of fun. We got to be kids for one more night and just mess around and be careless the way we all used to be. When we began to play dodgeball I must say was my favorite part of the night! No matter what is going on we always manage to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete